It's hard to believe it's been a month since our last entry. Time certainly does fly - even when it doesn't seem like it.
April has been a good, and busy month for us. The month started off great with Reagan earning her first swimming ribbon!! She can swim 6 feet by herself now. Matt's dubbed her "Michaela Phelps" - minus the pot smoking of course !
We had a very nice Easter - complete with 2 Easter egg hunts. And of course a visit from the Easter bunny. Reagan is very lucky in that the Easter bunny apparently looks for her at our house, and at both of her Nana's houses! Can you say spoiled?!? :) While preparing for the Easter bunny's visit, Reagan insisted that the Bunny eats potatoes. She put out a bunch of carrots, and one (raw) potato for him. And lo and behold, she was right! That bunny took a big bite out of the potato...must be an Irish bunny.
We also have been working very hard on potty training this month. I have to say that Reagan is "almost" there. She's soo close to being "officially" potty trained that I went ahead and enrolled her in pre-school for August (potty training is a pre requisite).
Although, after our experience at Barnes & Noble the other night, I'm not so sure that was a smart thing to do. We told Reagan we'd buy her 4 books when she finally pooped on the potty. There is a serious of books she loves and I told her I'd buy her the rest of them when she pooped on the potty... (If you've ever potty trained a child you'll understand how you find yourself promising almost anything!) So we all trek to B&N for a quick trip to get the books after she successfully pooped in the potty both Sunday and Monday. Reagan is a "panty girl" now and refuses to wear Pull Ups during the day. Of course at the book store, she forgets that she now knows how to poop on the potty, and proceeds to poop in her pants (or should I say in her panties and SHORT shorts) right there at the Thomas the Train table. I knew immediately that this was NOT good. I tried to hurry her to the bathroom, but she decided to take off running in the opposite direction from me. Now I've never been quick, but being almost 8 months pregnant slows me down even more. As I'm lumbering after her, Matt jumps in, hands me the books, (which now I wonder if she even deserves...), and grabs her. I'm shocked and impressed at this point that Matt is willing and, more importantly, volunteering to handle this. I mean, the poor guy can barely handle a dirty diaper...let alone THIS. But I am not about to argue as I quickly make for the escalator to pay for the books.
After I pay, I head back downstairs looking for my family. After a bit, a very flustered Matt comes out with a VERY happy Reagan. Reagan is animatedly telling me the story of how she pooped in her panties, and Daddy "threw them away," and the poop was EVERYWHERE! All in all Daddy had a very crappy experience.
Never, in a million years, did we think our 2 year old daughter would be running through the mall commando!
And finally, on a happier note, we celebrated Matt's birthday this week! I think he had a good one, and we all hope 34 is good to Daddy.
Oh.. and in case anyone else is counting... 66 days until our new arrival is here! YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment