We took Reagan to her pre-school today to drop off her extra clothes and sleeping bag. The underlying purpose was to re-acquaint her with the school environment so when she starts on August 17th she's not totally bewildered.
We got there at the perfect time... the kids were all eating chocolate cake for one little girl's birthday! Teacher Shirley asked Reagan if she wanted some cake - which of course she did! So Reagan happily sat down at a table with the other kids and dove into her delicious cake. She pretty much ignored Matt and I the whole time and seemed to really enjoy how the boys were so rowdy.
The class was ready to move onto their morning art project while Reagan was still eating. We finally persuaded Reagan it was time to go. As soon as we were back in the car, Reagan says to us "Mommy and Daddy, can you go to work so I can go to pre school and make fish bowls?"
SO... I guess the transition will be harder on me than it will be for her. Which, I have to say, I'm truly grateful for. After all, pre school DOES look like fun!!
No comments:
Post a Comment