It's hard to believe, but Charlotte is 9 months old already. 9 months drag on during a pregnancy (for me) when all I wanted was to hold and meet my baby. Now she's been here for 9 months, and it feels like it's flown by. It definitely goes faster the second time around. It's both much easier and twice as difficult having two, as strange as that sounds. The stuff I worried about with Reagan doesn't seem so important this time. I know that she'll be off the bottle soon enough- no need to rush it! I know that she'll eventually go to sleep w/o being rocked (actually, more often than not the poor thing just wants to be IN her bed and not held when she's tired). I know the telltale signs of teething, don't worry so much about a fever, and realize that all too soon she's going to be running more and cuddling less.
As the girls grow, we see their friendship forming more and more. They truly adore each other. From the moment they wake up, they start looking for each other. Before I even get a "Good morning!", Reagan asks "where's Charlie girl?" if I'm already up with Charlotte when she wakes up. Charlotte, in turn, squeals with delight and waves frantically to Reagan the second she spots her. She's always watching Reagan and keeping track of where she is, and what she's doing. They make each other laugh hysterically, which never fails to make us laugh just as hard.
2 comments:
I just cried! How special it is to have a sister! Mia needs one of those!! ;)
oh my god...I JUST CRIED! I guess that says something when your sister already posted the same comment...sisters are amazing! :) Charlie & Reagan are lucky girls to have each other. (PS-it's Amy!)
Post a Comment