Last night we went on a family walk after dinner. It was really nice, and we all had fun. That is until the neighbors mangled chain link fence jumped out and attacked me. The next thing I know, I'm falling rapidly towards the ground. Thankfully my kneecaps were there to break the fall, followed quickly by my ankle, and palms.
Realizing that Reagan was watching all of this in horror, I couldn't let her see me cry. I had to cheerfully smile and say I was okay as she screamed from the wagon "Mama! Otay?? Otay, Mama?"
After I hobbled inside, Matt made me several icepacks for my injured legs. He also made a small one for Reagan as she kept insisting Guinness had a boo boo on his paw. She proceeded to chase him around for the next 10 minutes saying "Gee, here's your ice! Boo boo, Gee! Gee, paw is boo boo! Come NOW, Gee!" Every once in a while she'd catch him, put the ice pack on his paw and try to hug and kiss him. It was too funny to watch - and so sweet to see her want to take care of him. I also got lots of kisses from her on my boo boos... and you know what, it still works! I felt better in no time.
No comments:
Post a Comment