On the way to Nana's house this morning, Reagan randomly says "I have no more tears, Mama." A little puzzled, I say "That's great, honey! When were you crying?" It took me a few minutes to fully understand her response, which was "Me ride horse wif my Nana!"
Several weeks ago, Nana and Grandpa took Reagan to the San Mateo County Fair. At the fair, Reagan saw all sorts of animals, and went on her first pony ride! She'll tell you that she loved riding the "horse," however the photos tell quite a different story. Although towards the end, Nana did get a few cute shots of her smiling :)
So today's outburst threw me off at first. I was thinking "Wow, this is the first day we got out of the house with NO crying.. what is she talking about?" But then I remembered her trip to the Fair, and how she was crying when she first rode the Pony. I quickly acknowledged that she DIDN'T have any more tears, and that she was happy riding the "horse."
Then she goes on to tell me how she saw pigs and got a pig nose, and that the pigs say "oin oin." (by the way, I adore the way Reagan makes pig noises. She can't say the 'k' so it sounds a little odd, but very cute!)
Once again, the kid amazes me with how her mind works, and how she remembers every.single.thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment