Monday, September 15, 2008

Reaganisms


Reagan turns 2 tomorrow (already! I can't believe it) and Matt and I marvel every day at how smart she is. Yes, I know every parent says that. And I know I've probably said it numerous times in the Blog. But that's simply because she IS so smart :) As I was giving her a bath tonight, we were having a normal conversation, and I started thinking about all the things she says. Some are funny, some just blow me away that she can speak in sentences already!


Here are some of her favorite phrases lately:

"Oh my Gosh!"

"I do ALL BY MYSHELF!"

"I know what dat means!?" (she says this meaning she does not know what it means!)


"We love you big boy!" or "Where my big boy at?" or "Daddy take my big boy doctor." (Yes.. Guinness did recently have to go to the vet for yet another expensive visit!)


"Me upset now." Or depending on her mood "Me happy now! Me no have no more tears!"


"I miss you when you work Mommy (or Daddy)! - This one breaks our hearts every time

"I like when you pick me up Mommy (or Daddy)!


"One, two, three.. You brush your teeth NOW, Mommy!" - this one cracks me up. One day I was having a very difficult time getting the bedtime routine started. She would not come brush her teeth, so I said I was going to count to 4. Every number I reached meant one less book. She immediately came in the bathroom, however she pointed her little finger at me and started counting on ME! "One, two, three.. You brush your teeth NOW!" Ahh... It took everything in me not to laugh out loud.


And tonight, when I insisted we had to change her diaper, she got very angry at me and yelled out "Daddy!! WE NEED YOU NOW!"

No comments: