Okay, so shortly after Christmas, Matt and I discovered that the next best thing to your child's face on Christmas morning....is your child's face at Disneyland!! (If they love it like Reagan did, that is!)
We drove down the coast for a week's vacation on our way to Auntie Leslie's wedding. Stops included Monterey and the Monterey Aquarium, Solvang, and 2 days in Disneyland.
Reagan LOVED being on vacation - and Matt and I said it was probably our favorite vacation we've ever taken.
The Aquarium in Monterey is really amazing. We wandered around for hours checking out all the exhibits. Reagan particularily enjoyed the Otters, and the sharks. I kept pretending to be scared of the hammerhead sharks, and Reagan would put her arm around my neck and say "No Mommy, they not scary. They inside the glass!" It was so cute that I kept doing it :)
The Park was packed since it was New Years Eve, and FREEZING which we didn't forsee (being SoCal and all!) so we cut things short that day, but returned bright and early the next morning. We planned our day out better the second day and managed to hit California Adventure, and of course Dumbo and the Teacups, along with a few other rides, before catching the Electric Light Parade. 
Reagan was a little sad to come home, but she gets very excited when she sees Disneyland ads on TV or billboards. She seems to think we're going back "next week." I have a feeling we won't be back for a few years...but hopefully she'll love it just as much next time!
1 comment:
You guys are so positive! I love having the both of you as our "parent role models." A road trip with a toddler for an entire week sounds like hell...but you make it so much fun! And, "your best vacation ever!" WOW!
Post a Comment