Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wedding Bells

Like every little girl, Reagan is fascinated by weddings lately. She's been asking questions about what our cake looked like, and wanting to see our wedding photos also. So last night I took them out and started showing her some of them. She was ooohh'ing and awww'ing over them - and was sooo excited to see all of her favorite people in them too.

Then, she turns to me and says "Mommy, was I at your wedding?" I replied "No sweetie, Daddy and I got married before you were born." She thought about it and said "Was I in your tummy then?" Hmmmm... I thought... she's ONLY 2. I realize there is a comprehension issue here, but WHAT do I say!? So I said "Well, no. You weren't even in my belly yet."

At that point, she got quiet and looked away with her "thinking" face on. I braced myself for what was next, but was secretly hoping we were done with that conversation. Finally, she turns to me and says "Someday, when I'm bigger, I'm going to have a wedding. And YOU are not allowed to come since you didn't let me come to YOUR wedding."

I certainly hope she changes her mind sometime in the next 28 years! :)

No comments: