Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Baptism and Reagan Randomness


In the midst of the Holiday hubbub (yeah, no clue if I spelled that right..), we took a moment (okay, a day) to celebrate Charlotte's baptism. We are so honored that both Lisa and Chris agreed to be Charlie's Godparents, and scheduled her baptism around Chris and Hannah's trip to SF for Christmas. Even though we kept the party small (immediate family only), it was still a bit stressful to host a lunch for 14 in the middle of Christmas shopping/wrapping/parties, etc.
Anyway, it turned out quite nicely if I do say so  myself. Granted Matt did the majority of the cooking - or smoking - of a big fat ham. While I undertook the mountainous task of cleaning, breaking out the China, and making potatoes and salad.


In Reagan news - she continues to crack us up on a daily basis. My new favorite story happened last Saturday night (after the baptism). I asked her what she wanted for dinner and she replied "Pinocchio." I pondered for a second and said "No sweetie..I didn't ask what you wanted to watch - I asked what you want to EAT for dinner." She looks at me like I have 8 heads and says again "I said PINOCCHIO Mommy. You know, like dat stuff we had the other night." Ooookkayy... now I was really confused. I just sat there and repeated "Pinocchio??"
"Yeah, Mommy. Dos round dings."
This continued for a few minutes with me being completely oblivious. Finally it hit me - she meant GNOCCHI! I couldn't help but start giggling as the mystery was finally solved. Now I ask her what she wants for dinner just hoping she'll say "Pinocchio" again.



Both girls are at such fun and great ages. Matt and I (and Reagan) are eagerly awaiting Christmas because we know it's going to be so much fun with the girls. Having little kids truly makes this time of year so much more fun.

No comments: