Monday, May 10, 2010

Spring Holidays

All the excitement we've been experiencing this spring has more than made up for the long boring winter we had. April was a very fun filled month for us with so many birthdays in the McNichol family. Auntie Lisa, Uncle Pat, Matt, and our newest addition - our nephew, Jack, was born April 19! We're so excited that Jack is here,  that we have a nephew, and the girls have their first cousin!! Reagan has taken to the role of "big cousin" with the same exuberance she did with her "big sister" role. She is ever so sweet with Jack, and has dubbed him "King Jack" even. 


Matt's birthday was exceptionally fun this year. We went to Santa Cruz for the day/night and had an absolute blast. Reagan loved the kiddie rides on the Boardwalk...with the exception of the KIDDIE roller coaster. I feel like the most horrible mom for finding the picture of her and Matt mid-coaster so hilarious. But so be it. She is such a trooper too. Even she realizes how hysterical the pictures is. She took it to pre school with her just to show all of her friends how funny it is! 


We spent the night at the Chaminade which was absolutely fantastic. We had a suite, which we determined is a necessity when traveling with two kids. We utilized every square inch of those 2 rooms!! We also utilized all of the other amenities at the resort (unfortunately not the spa part though). Reagan and Matt spent all our free time in the pool. Reagan made several new "friends" there that taught her how to dive/jump into the pool. Apparently the girl is fearless, and I'm pretty sure it's a good thing I wasn't there to be the overly excitable paranoid mom at the pool!


And May has begun with the same level of activity as April. Between birthday parties every weekend, and Mother's Day, we barely have a moment to relax. 


While Mother's Day was definitely not the most relaxing day I've had, it certainly was fun. Matt was working all weekend which meant that I had to wake up early with the girls both days. And by early.... I mean EARLY. Charlotte apparently really wanted to celebrate with me as she's been waking up at 5:45 lately. And she decided that Mother's day is synonymous with "no nap day." So needless to say, by the end of the day yesterday, Mommy was TIRED. But Matt pulled through and managed to get me the Mother's Day gift I really wanted. He took the girls to All Fired Up last week, and they made me a picture frame complete with both their tiny little hand prints. It's perfect and adorable....just like my two girlies. It's definitely going to be something I treasure forever.


It's hard to believe that Charlotte turns one next month. Already. My "baby" is quickly turning into a toddler. She isn't walking yet, but certainly close. She crawls so fast now that she's literally gone in the blink of an eye. Her little personality is shining through, and like her big sister, she's hilarious. She's going to be the pot stirrer in the family for sure. Apparently she finds it hilarious when Reagan gets in trouble, when she pulls Reagan's hair, or when she climbs up on anything she knows she's not supposed to. When anyone says "no" to her, she puts her head down in her hands and starts to cry. It's both the cutest and the saddest thing we've ever seen. She's saying Mommy now, which melts my heart every single time. And the girl has an appetite that just won't quit. She's eating more and more solids these days. Which means Guinness is a very happy boy again. I've noticed with both kids that Guinness really starts to take an interest in them once they start "feeding" him.


Even though I sit here completely exhausted, and can't remember the last time I slept past 6 am... life sure is good right now...





No comments: